Monday, February 18, 2013

My Big Struggle: Food




"and put a knife to your throat if you are given to gluttony".



Ok, let’s face it I have lots of struggles. But for today let’s focus on one, healthy eating. I have been focusing on eating healthy, since becoming an independent Beachbody coach. I have always considered myself a healthy eater, but recently I have seen where one exception has lead to another, and another tell my once healthy diet is now mediocre at best. So I have decided that starting now tell Easter I will be posting about my journey to eat healthy and the changes that I see. Sunday the 17th, was the first day that I made a commitment to change. Sunday, I had only veggies, Shakeology (limit 2) and fruit. This is going to be the pattern every Sunday tell Easter. All other days I am going to stick to a 99% McDougal plan, this is a vegan lifestyle that involves lots of whole grains and veggies. The 1% cheat is for the Shakeology and minor dairy in baking and chicken broth in soups.  You can follow the McDougall plan at: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html


Breakfast this morning: whole grain vanilla waffles.





Here is my tentative meal plans for the week:
Monday:
100% whole grain waffles w/ ½ grapefruit
Garbanzo bean, tomato, avocado, spinach salad
Barley salad with black eyed peas

Tuesday:
 Baked potato with 1 tablespoon ketchup
Tri-color bean salad
Corn and Okra soup

Wednesday:
Wheat berries with fresh fruit
Bean Burritos 
Pasta with peas

Thursday:
Oatmeal bars
Garbanzo bean, tomato, avocado, spinach salad
Spinach rice casserole

Friday:
Whole Grain muffins with fruit
Garbanzo bean, tomato, avocado, spinach salad
Flat bread with Garlic and veggies

Saturday:
Oatmeal Bars
Subway veggie delight Sandwich
Coconut Crusted tofu.

Sunday:
2 Shakeology drinks any veggies and fruit I want. 

SNACKS: everyday but Sunday
Apples with Peanut butter, Celery with Peanut butter, nuts, Air popped popcorn, misc fruit. 

All For the Glory Of God!


No comments:

Post a Comment