Thursday, February 21, 2013

Healthy Mom! Healthy Life!



What does it mean to me to be healthy.  It is so much more than just exercise and eating right. I want to have healthy relationships with my husband, my sons, my extended family and the people around me (not just friends but the people I met each day).  I also believe you need to have a relationship with Jesus. Without a healthy relationship with Jesus nothing else will be truly healthy either. 
Even in our most disciplined behavior we will stumble. That is why Jesus came to die for us in the first place. We are all sinner s, Romans 3:23 says, for all [ahave sinned and fall short of the glory of God. This fact is not to condemn us but to make us realize that we need a savior, that is something only Jesus can provide.  Romans 5:8 states: “But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. If we trust in him, them and learn about what God expects of us and follow after Jesus then the other aspects of our lives will fall into place.  We will still have struggles and we will still stumble but if we are looking at the goal of becoming like Jesus (by having a relationship with him)  and showing that love to other then we  are moving to a fruitful goal in this life. 

I will leave you with one of my favorite verses:

Philippians 3:12
“Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me.”

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! I had a question for you about possibly collaborating on something and was hoping you could email me back to discuss? Thanks so much!

    - Emma

    emmabanks9 (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete