Monday, September 17, 2012

Giving it all to Him


Money. We all need it. We all seem to want it. It is a necessary evil of our society. As a follower of Christ I believe that all I have is God's, but why is it then I can't seem to trust God with my money. I get frustrated when money is short. I get mad at myself  when I eat out knowing that if I had any self control I would have just driven past the Panera Bread and not stopped (the one in our town has a drive through, it is very temping). This week during church I felt a tug of the Holy Spirit to let go of the money situation and give it to God. I had taken out some cash that was to cover us for the week (this is our way to keep our finances in check).  I felt God saying put it all in the offering plate along with your normal tithe except 20 dollars. I did.

Isaiah 55:1-3
Why spend money on what is not bread, and your labor on what does not satisfy? Listen, listen to me, and eat what is good, and you will delight in the richest of fare.

No comments:

Post a Comment